ActiveGift, Inc. (“ActiveGift”) recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of all information provided to us and to our clients through the use of our services and related websites (the “Sites”). We created the following policy guidelines with a fundamental respect for your right to privacy to guide our relationship with our users and consumers who use any of the websites, services, or applications owned or provided by ActiveGift, such as the ActiveGift Gift service and / or ActiveGift.me (collectively or individually, “Consumers”).
The Information ActiveGift Collects
ActiveGift may collect information before or after you purchase a Gift, if you contact Customer Support, to fulfill your requests to participate in certain offers and promotions, or if you choose to tell a friend about our service.
- Consumer Provided Information: When you visit ActiveGift.me, you may provide to ActiveGift what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, and home/mobile telephone number, etc.) if you purchase a Gift from or otherwise participate in services offered on the Sites. In addition, you may have the option of providing us with certain demographic information about yourself (such as age, gender, household compensation, interests, zip code, and state).
- ”Cookies” Information: When you visit the Sites, we may send one or more cookies (a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer. ActiveGift uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to ActiveGift.me. These persistent cookies can be removed, but each web browser is a little different. So, please review your browser's "Help" file to learn the correct way to modify your cookies setup. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you use the Sites or open one of our HTML emails, we automatically record certain data using technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons,” cookies (discussed above), IP addresses, unique “device IDs” (similar to IP addresses), and log files. “Automatically collected” data includes coupon printing and redemption activity, web browser type, the website that referred you to us, the web pages you viewed on the Sites, and the dates and times that you visited the Sites.
- Client Provided Information: When ActiveGift manages Gift promotions for a “Client” (a company or organization to which ActiveGift provides business services, such as ActiveGift), a unique identifier is shared with ActiveGift in order to process the Gift suggestion and redemption activity on behalf of that Client. ActiveGift does not receive any personally identifiable information from these unique identifiers, which are used solely to process the Gift promotion activity.
ActiveGift may also receive additional information from Facebook or other applications. You should review the privacy practices and settings of Facebook and other applications to understand the ways they will be using your data.
The Way ActiveGift Uses Information
ActiveGift uses the information that we collect to:
- operate, maintain, and provide to you all of the Gift services and promotional offerings found on the ActiveGift site;
- notify you of major service updates or for customer service purposes; process and record eGift printing and redemption activity and monitor usage trends and preferences;
- improve the way the transactions work and look and create new features and functionality; and
- monitor the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and improve our marketing and promotional efforts.
When ActiveGift Discloses Information
ActiveGift discloses “automatically collected” data (such as Gift print and redeem activity) to its Clients and third-party ad servers and advertisers. These third parties may match this data with information that they have previously collected about you under their own privacy policies, which you should consult on a regular basis.
We may disclose Customer information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant.
We also reserve the right to disclose Customer information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect Clients from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Sites; and to protect against fraudulent uses, the rights, property, or personal safety of ActiveGift, our Clients, or others.
In some cases if you decline to share personal information on the ActiveGift site, ActiveGift will not be able to provide certain services to you.
Our Commitment to Data Security
ActiveGift uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. WE CANNOT, HOWEVER, ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO ActiveGift, AND YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. We caution you about transmitting valuable bank or credit information in a public place (airports or cafes.) Whilst your credit card company or bank will typically use security protection, you should try to ensure that you are using a secure network.
Once we receive your transmission of information, ActiveGift makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
If ActiveGift is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Consumers as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Effective Date, Date Last Modified
ActiveGift Contact Information
We will respond to your inquiry within 30 days of its receipt.