How does ActiveGift work?
If you're Giver
If you're Recipient
How can I quickly start ActiveGifting?
- Create a Discussion
(It's a virtual room where you and other participants collect Gift Ideas for a Recipient)
Dashboard → "Suggest gifts now!" → Choose a date, Recipient and a title for your Discussion → "Create discussion"
- Invite people.
As many as you can. They could know something helpful about the Recipient's tastes and suggest Gift Ideas based on them.
Press "Invite more people" button inside a Discussion → Choose participants from your friends list → "Send Requests"
- Add your Gift Ideas
- Click on suggestions (it's based on Recipient's interests and social graph) -or-
- Type a Gift Idea into the Search field (suggestions are automatically found on the Internet) -or-
- Insert a link to a webpage with a Gift Idea that you would like to add (title and pictures will be imported automatically) -or-
- Type a custom title for your Gift Ideas and press the "Create custom Gift Idea" link
- Send your Gift Ideas List to the Recipient
She will be invited when you press the "Let Recipient see this List" button (or turn on the "Send lists automatically" option in your settings).
- Mark the Gift Ideas you're planning to buy
Let other participants know about your plans to give a particular gift.
Press the "OK. I'll buy it" button on Gift Ideas that were ‘Liked' by a Recipient
- Chip in
Buy the perfect gift together with other discussion participants.
Press "OK. I'll buy it" button → Type something like "Let's chip in together" in the Gift Idea comment field → See who appears as Contributors → Contact them via Facebook and discuss how you'll purchase the Gift together.
- Buy a gift
Purchase it in advance! Remember to take shipping terms, rates and possible delays into consideration.
When should I use ActiveGift?
ActiveGift comes in handy on any gift-giving occasion. It was designed for people who care about their friends and family and want to make sure that every gift they get is an honest, heartfelt gesture.
ActiveGift is perfect when you're planning to give:
- unique birthday gifts
- surprise gifts for a girlfriend or boyfriend
- just-for-fun gifts for friends
- gifts for relatives who live far from you
- personalized gifts for business partners
- gifts for people that are hard to shop for
Why would ActiveGift make me want to delete all of my other wishlists?
When you look at someone's wishlist on another service, often you'll have a hard time finding that perfect something. Either you can't picture yourself buying some items on the wishlist or they just don't feel right.
Yes, there are lots of situations when wishlists are helpful. But in most cases, they're not flexible enough for a Gift Giver who really cares.
So, why only use wishlists? Now with ActiveGift, and can use both together to narrow down the perfect gift.
And if you're a Recipient, consider yourself lucky! You've got friends that are willing to go the extra mile and use ActiveGift to find creative gifts that reflect the real you.
Keep ActiveGift in mind when you invite friends and loved ones to your next birthday gathering and you won't need those gift receipts.
ActiveGift main features
- social media integration
- group discussions of gift ideas with votes, comments, statistics and chip in
- anonymous moderation of potential gift offers by the recipient
- event planner (calendar and friends view)
- intuitive gift search and custom gift idea creation